- A bright pentaprism optical viewfinder covers 100% of the frame with a 0.7x magnification.
- Large 3.2" 2.36m-dot rear LCD screen features a tilting design to suit working from high and low angles. It is also a touchscreen, and affords intuitive control over playback, menu navigation, and touch AF and touch shutter functions.
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth enable wireless transferring of files and remote camera control from linked mobile devices via the Nikon SnapBridge app.
- Dual SD memory card slots both support the UHS-II standard for fast read/write speeds and enable more flexible file storage, such as overflow recording and in-camera file duplication.
- EN-EL15b lithium-ion battery provides approximately 2260 shots per charge.
Scene Recognition System and Exposure Metering
The intelligent Scene Recognition System with 3D Color Matrix Metering III utilizes a 180,000-pixel RGB sensor to evaluate and analyze all aspects within a scene, including brightness, contrast, subject distance, and the scene colors, to quickly determine an accurate exposure and white balance setting to best render the scene at hand. The information gathered is also checked against onboard reference images to ensure consistency from image to image in regard to exposure, white balance, i-TTL flash settings, and subject-tracking AF performance.
AF-S NIKKOR 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Lens
Included with the camera body is the versatile AF-S NIKKOR 24-120mm f/4G ED VR zoom, which covers an array of oft-used focal lengths, ranging from wide-angle to telephoto, and features a constant f/4 maximum aperture for consistent performance throughout the zoom range. VR image stabilization works to minimize the appearance of camera shake to benefit working in low-light conditions and a Silent Wave Motor provides fast, smooth, and quiet focusing performance that is well-suited to video applications. Two extra-low dispersion elements and three aspherical elements are integrated into the optical design to reduce aberrations and distortions and improve contrast, clarity, and color fidelity. Additionally, multi-layered Super Integrated and Nano Crystal Coatings have also been applied to lens elements to minimize flare and ghosting for optimized light transmission.